James Montier, a favourite among the readers of value investing, produced a white paper in March 2011, entitled “The Seven Immutable Laws of Investing”. In the paper he presented a set of laws to guide investors towards investing sensibly in stock markets.
“In my previous missive I concluded that investors should stay true to the principles that have always guided (and should always guide) sensible investment, but I left readers hanging as to what I believe those principles might actually be. So, now, for the moment of truth, I present a set of principles that together form what I call The Seven Immutable Laws of Investing.” ~ James Montier.
They are as follows:
1. Always insist on a margin of safety
2. This time is never different
3. Be patient and wait for the fat pitch
4. Be contrarian
5. Risk is the permanent loss of capital, never a number
6. Be leery of leverage
7. Never invest in something you don’t understand”
Here is the complete text : The Seven Immutable Laws of Investing ….. By James Montier
January 28, 2017 Value Investing