Last 3 months left for financial year end.
Five SMART things to do in Jan/ Feb / March from TAX perspective. (Financial Year End 2017-2018 ends in March)
1. Make sure that the 80C investments are done 1.5L for you and spouse(if applicable)
2. Check your short term Capital Gains (from Stocks/MF) – if possible plan to REDUCE GAIN by realizing losses (if any) from underperforming MF or Stocks
3. Check your Other sources of Income and make sure to pay timely Advance TAX to avoid interest cost later.
4. Do not generate income by means of selling assets (House/MF/Stocks/Bonds/etc) in Feb / March. POSTPONE it to April (next financial year)
5. Make timely declarations to your company for components like HRA/Interest/Loss from house property/80C declarations etc.
Conceptually, All the above helps INCREASE your monthly Cash Flow.
Plan to keep things SIMPLE. Simplicity is the way to BRILLIANCE….